The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is looking for a Security Engineer who can respond to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. The right candidate must thrive in high-pressure situations, think like both an attacker and defender, and drive relevant teams to take the right actions in the right timeframes to mitigate risks.
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. They must have the passion for engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, binary analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
An ideal candidate should be able to accomplish most of the following:
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
- Assist in building security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
- Communicate effectively (in English) at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Recognize, adopt and contribute to distilling the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence.
- Have knowledge on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.
This is a junior position and as such, a candidate is not expected to master all of these areas and will undergo an initial period of training. They will be paired with senior engineers who will effectively assist in teaching the response mechanisms to security issues.
Basic qualifications :
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- Demonstrated passion and contributions in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills (English)
- 2+ years’ equivalent information security experience.
- Good knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
- Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
- Maturity, judgment, analytical skills, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Effective written and oral communication in English with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.