Talend is a 500-employee, pre-IPO, big data integration software company with deep open source roots. With over $100 million raised to date and continued rapid growth, Talend is one of the largest independent open source company in the world.
We are looking for a skilled Security Engineer to analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective, and identify and resolve security issues.
Part of the R&D Department, you will work closely with the Development team and the Cloud Operations team on all aspects of Software Development and SaaS Operations related security.
Your main responsibilities will be but are not limited to:
- Coach on secure programing practices and related code reviews and document the software development lifecycle from a security standpoint ;
- Research/identify flaws and remedy development mistakes ;
- Escalation contact for production security incidents ;
- Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software ;
- Leverage attack tools to test your work for software vulnerabilities.
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation ;
- Software development experience in Java ;
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols ;
- Experience on Cloud / Network security, ideally also practical experience in this area with AWS ;
- Awareness of privacy and confidentiality legislation ;
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing ;
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.