Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup inside Qwant, you will work as a DevOps Engineer.
You will be expected to:
- Provide solutions to address your Squad’s needs with data processing and storage issues
- Manage approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA
- Manage approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Design beautiful, robust, reusable, and efficient software that scale
- Working close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
- Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- Experience with achieving speed, scale, and consistency by automating infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments and container engine (eg: Docker, Rkt, LXC)
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
The job is located in Rouen. We think that it is important that all members of a squad work together in the same place
You would start as soon as you are available
Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.