Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse (ex Astrium SV)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group, formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Engineer with Expertise in IP Network has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. The successful applicant will join the Secure Communications BU.
Airbus Defence and Space/Secure Communications designs, deploys and operates telecommunication services for institutional and governmental customers. These services are built on IP communication network infrastructures, while some of them are hosted in data centres, others are deployed at customers, e.g. theatres of external operations.
This position will require security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and activities will include:
- Understanding the needs of Secure Communications customers in terms of services and performances
- Developing architectures and defining the functions necessary for the development of services
- Selecting and testing solutions to be integrated
- Drafting architecture and detailed implementation documents
- Developing mock-ups in the laboratory, drafting and executing test specifications
- Providing support for the implementation of solutions and their exploitation
This position also include the following functions:
- Support in the pre-sales phase in order to provide technical elements and cost information to commercial teams to build commercial answers to calls-for-tender and define the price policy
- Define a modification and development plan of products and services in order to improve the capability of Secure Communications of proposing effective, innovative and competitive solutions from an economic point of view
- Take into account demand and constraints requirements from customers related to cyber-security and the integration of solutions of the Cybersecurity Business Unit to the portfolio of Secure Communications services
Secure Communications services use network solutions from manufacturers known on the market: Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Mikrotik.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
As the successful candidate, you should be able to demonstrate some of the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5-year degree level in engineering (or equivalent), specialising in Telecommunication Engineering/Networks and with at least 5 years of experience in this field
- Experience in project management
- Experience in quality management of services
- Experience in the implementation of a security policy in a network environment
- Experience with IP network and associated products
- Experience in architecture, routing protocol,
- Experience with Stormshield would be a plus
- CISCO, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Mikrotik product accreditation would be a plus
- Analytical mind-set, driving force for proposals and creativity
- Ability to work independently and be responsible
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken)
- English: negotiation level,
- French: fluent level.
Merci de postuler en suivant le lien :