This vacancy is for a Security Architect Principal consultant with all-round information security skills to join the DXC Security Consulting SRM (Strategy and Risk Management) practice and will require an extensive proven track record in acting as the lead consultant in IT Security engagements.
Successful candidates may be assigned to a wide range of assignments, depending on expertise and group requirements. The consultant will be required to lead, advise, and provide Security Consultancy services to both Public and Private sector clients and take an active role in customer deployments. These will include (but not limited to); providing security advice, security risk analysis, security management compliance assessments, security gap analysis and the provision of security policy documentation.
The consultant will be the subject matter expert within the team and take responsibility for leading and guiding the other consultants. The candidate has Technical expertise in a wide portfolio of security control technologies and security related experience with a proven track record of delivery in a dynamic and reactive environment
In addition to the above, the successful applicant will expected to:
- Work with project personnel to ensure a sound understanding of architectural requirements and supporting solution architecture
- Ensuring that proposed solutions are technically sound, per industry standards and best practices and are aligned to the strategic and business requirements
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of work package deliverables.
- Provide day-to-day consulting support for project tasks
- Leverage security expertise to ensure project tasks are completed and delivered to meet DXC quality standards
- Be a trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships, so as to insure customer satisfaction;
- Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external clients;
- Regularly exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives;
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded by others within DXC as a subject matter expert;
- Lead and/or provide expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross functional initiatives but does not manage other employees as a primary job function;
- Be accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals;
- Actively contribute to DXC's solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies, based on experience gained from customer projects;
- Provide mentoring and guidance to employees at lower job levels.
The following skills are required:
- Strong understanding of the information security industry, current security issues and trends.
- High level knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of information security and how this applies to and impacts the business and knowledge of standard Systems Development Life-Cycle practices
- Knowledge of information system architecture and security controls (i.e. firewall and border router configurations, operating systems configurations, wireless architectures, databases, specialized appliances and information security policies and procedures)
- Must be highly motivated and able to work well in a team. A can-do attitude is important and must be fully committed to seeing security as an business enabler
- Have knowledge of industry standard Enterprise/Solution Architecture frameworks e.g. 27001, TOGAF, SABSA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels, strong communicator and ability to articulate and communicate complex IT-related business issues to senior staff
- Ability to constructively challenge, facilitate and probe to fully understand the business needs.
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workloads, project manage whilst working to strict deadlines and measuring progress.
- Organizational, decision-making and analytical skills
- Ability to work at senior levels within client organizations
- Strong team leader ability and to work within a team
- Proven experience in developing, owning and managing a project plan
- 10+ years of professional experience offering advice in Information Security.
- MSc in an IT related subject or relevant industry experience.
- CISSP, CISM
- Technical expertise in a wide portfolio of security control technologies and security related experience with a proven track record of delivery in a dynamic and reactive environment.
- Have experience in physically delivering solutions using a variety of security products from a wide spectrum of vendors
- Have a track record of successfully delivering continuous improvement programmes across infrastructure services
- Have a track record for design and delivery of new technologies into existing legacy environments
- Have a track record of successfully designing and building secure IT systems/environments