Machine Learning Engineer w/m (remote based in France)Paris , France 1 year ago
DataDome is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Paris. We offer a cutting edge technology that protects online businesses (webapplications) against advanced cyber attacks.
sites and mobile Based on AI & Machine Learning, our cybersecurity solution can detect & block the most sophisticated bot attacks, in real-time.
We’re proud to protect more than 10 000 domains worldwide, including TripAdvisor, The New-York Times, Carrefour, BlaBlaCar, Rakuten, Veepee, Adevinta.
Our offices in Paris & New-York gather talents coming from 10 different nationalities. We all love our ideally located & modern offices, an accessible management team, offsite events and weekly team-building initiatives, a chill room that includes foosball, video games and a punching bag!
DataDome is #CustomerCentric, the solution is the leader on g2.com and 100% of our customers renew their subscription year after year.
Want to play your part in the war against bad bots? Join the team and become a Botbuster!
Our technical stack is mainly composed of a real-time detection layer in Java, a low latency Stream Engine running on Flink in Scala, ElasticSearch for the storage, Kafka for communication between layers, HAProxy for load balancing, Symfony 5 & Angular 9 for our dashboards.
We operate at scale and handle over 1 000 billion events per day giving responses within 3ms (99p). Currently, we are present in more than 25 data centers around the world, deployed using Docker.
Our infrastructure is deployed on AWS, Azure, Scaleway, Vultr, and GCP, using Docker, Ansible and Terraform, and monitored with Grafana and Prometheus.
This stack is currently handling 500k requests per second and manages more than 300 TB of data.
We are looking for a ML engineer who will help the threat research team to deploy its models to production. You will be in charge of implementing, training and deploying ML algorithms to improve bot detection as well as monitor their performance in this big data environment (billions of requests a day).
You will integrate the Threats Research team which is responsible for constantly improving the detection capabilities through data analytics and machine learning
You will be more specifically in charge of:
- Understanding the business problems to propose ML-based solutions
- Implementing ML deployment pipelines in collaboration with data engineers
- Proposing and implement the monitoring of ML models running in production
- Participating in team meetings to brainstorm and exchange on advances in ML
- Staying up to date on ML engineering and MLOps best practices
We look for someone who have:
- At least 3 years of experience programming in python for ML projects
- Strong computer science background
- Ability to write production ready code (software craftsmanship)
- ML model lifecycle management knowledge (DVC, MLflow and the like)
- You have a previous experience or background in cybersecurity
- You have worked with systems like Apache Kafka, Apache Flink or ElasticSearch
- You understand how internet works
- You make bots/scrapers in your spare time
What are the next steps?
You x Talent Acquisition Manager : first interview and cultural fit
You x VP of Engineering : technical and cultural fit + Take-home technical challenge
You x Team: Presentation and review of your "technical proposal" with the team
You x Member of the leadership team - Discussion about DataDome vision and "raison d'être" ?
Now you really met everyone Welcome to DataDome :)
DataDome is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicant without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.