PeopleDoc by Ultimate Software is on a mission to revolutionize how every HR function provide services to their employees.
Our unique “state of the art” HR Service Delivery platform provides HR teams with the tools they need to provide great services while considerably decreasing the manual work behind the scenes and allowing companies to go paperless in their administration.
The PeopleDoc HR Service Delivery platform helps HR teams more easily answer employee requests on demand, automate employee processes, across multiple locations.
PeopleDoc serves more than 1000 clients with employees in 180 countries in 12 languages. PeopleDoc is now a part of Ultimate Software. Ultimate Software is a Leader for Cloud HCM Applications.
More information is available at www.people-doc.com.
Job Description/Job Summary:
We are seeking a SOC manager to build our detection and response, and investigation capabilities in Paris.
As a SOC manager, you will be part of our global security operations center that follows a follow-the-sun structure, working to ensure continuous monitoring, detection and response to security events affecting Ultimate Software and customers. You will work closely with our security operations centers in Singapore and Fort Lauderdale. You will manage the Paris team, and take ownership of our customers’ escalations during the Paris business hours
Together with the SOC team, you will monitor for infiltration attempts, analyze logs looking for patterns to ensure that infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner. You will identify attack patterns, figure out how to defend against them, and continuously evolve the team to be more efficient through the creation of tools and/or enhancements to our detection systems. You will be working closely with our threat intelligence and counter security teams to ensure that we are always one step ahead of the adversaries.
You will be there to support the team whenever they needed your assistance, guidance and advice. You must enjoy doing hands-on technical work, and would not hesitate to roll up your sleeves when necessary. You have to be more than a button pusher. You must challenge the system, and constantly strive to work with the global team to improve them.
- Manage the day-to-day security operations work, and take ownership of customers' escalations
- Work with the infrastructure security team to ingest the necessary logs for writing security detections.
- Continue investigations of significant security issues from the Singapore-based team if round-the-clock investigation is required. Lead the investigation during business hours, and hand them off to the US-based team if work needs to be continued.
- Work with the global team to identify and address gaps in our current detection systems
- Work closely with threat intelligence and red teams to improve our monitoring efforts
- Monitor and analyze data flow to identify and block malicious behavior and activities
- Identify risk areas that will require monitoring or vulnerability prevention
- Provide updates and identified threats to the Global Security organization
- Motivate your team and advocate the importance of continuous learning
- Interface with industry peers to acquire and share threat intelligence information
- Stay current with emerging security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Significant experience in supporting a global SOC team
- Minimum 3 years of formal people/team management experience
- Experience working in a global company with teams outside of France
- Experience supporting a global SOC team in a cloud environment preferred
- Experience monitoring and analyzing network traffic, host-based security appliance logs and IDS alerts
- Ability to communicate effectively: write clearly and speak authoritatively to different audiences
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Windows and Linux hands-on experience
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Meticulous English reporting skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English: write clearly and speak authoritatively to different English-speaking audiences (business leaders and engineers)
- Good understanding of applied machine learning is a plus
- Experience in Python/pandas/scikit-learn is a plus
The position is open in Paris and available immediately.